Monday, March 5, 2012

Katie vs. Pammycakes: The eBay Message Troll Battle

Customer service used to simply mean that you made sure that your customers got what they needed, answered customers questions, and kept a good business rapport with them.  In a nutshell, that’s what it’s supposed to be.  Reality shows another thing entirely.  I’d always spoke about how I do get interesting e-mails and interesting exchanges but this most recent one has been one of my favorites and was good enough to post.  This was a simple eBay transaction between my wife and a woman who calls her self “Pammycakes”.  Pammycakes sells women’s clothing on-line and my wife stumbled across one of her items, purchased it, realized that it was the wrong size, and immediately tried to stop the transaction through messaging the seller.  Katie wrote the first couple of messages but once Pammycakes got a little crazy, I took over.  Katie can hold her own but I enjoy this stuff a little more.   So here it is, in all of its glory, Katie vs. Pammycakes!!


Dear pammycakesworld,

I need to cancel this order and get a refund. The pants ordered will not fit me, and it was not clear to me about the size until I reviewed the order. I would appreciate you not shipping them and just refunding my money. Thanks so much


- kkerney2


 (Pretty reasonable, right?  Simple request.)


Dear kkerney2,

hey diva it's me pammycakes ....this order has shipped ...also what was unclear about the sz ... i will be more than happy to refund you minus my shipping cost and seller fees as soon as i receive my item back....pamm 478 2739104


- pammycakesworld





(Why the constant use of the word “diva”?  I don’t know but after reading through her feedback she calls everyone a diva.  Some one forgot to tell her that “diva” is not a term of endearment)





Dear pammycakesworld,

Because I needed a large. So, how much money am I giving you and losing on the return?
I contacted you as soon as I realized the error and it was merely a few hours later.


- kkerney2





(I thought this was a reasonable request from Katie and I didn’t sense attitude.  But who am I?  I’m a silly man who doesn’t use “diva” in his everyday vocabulary)





Dear kkerney2,

first off ur'e coming across as if you have an attitude with me ....i do not tolerate any form of meaness...IT'S NOT NECESSARY
1- REVIEW MY FEEDBACK I'M ONE OF THE FASTEST SHIPPERS ON EBAY
2- YOUR FIRST MESSAGE CAME THRU TO ME ASKING COULD YOU BE ABLE TO EXCHANGE
3-THERE WAS A SIZE CHART IN THAT AD TO HELP GUIDE YOU
4-MY PHONE NUMBER IS ALSO INCLUDED IN THAT AD TO HELP YOU
5-YOU SELECTED THE SIZE FOR ME TO SHIP TO YOU REMEMBER?
6-OBVIOUSLY YOU DID NOT READ MY AD I DON'T OFFER REFUNDS BUT MERCHANDISE CREDITS
7-WHEN I RESPONDED TO YOUR MESSAGE TODAY I WAS NICE ENOUGH TO GO AGAINST POLICY AND OFFER YOU A REFUND MINUS MY SHIPPING COST AND SELLER FEES....now please ...what is most important is trying to earn your repeat business ...so please let's both kill the attitude and work with each other and know you are not giving me nothing i haven't already lost on this transaction


- pammycakesworld





(Here is an example of one of my favorite types of people on the internet.  The “ALL-CAPS, grammatical English rapist”.  My favorite part of this message was when she stopped using the CAPS and tried to reel Katie back in to being a repeat customer.  It’s kind of like saying, “Hey I know I just took an adult sized dump on your head but will you still buy my crap?”  Silly Diva)





And here is where I stepped in…..





Dear pammycakesworld,

Pammycakes, at this point after reading your e-mail of mass proportions of attitude, I wanted to address you in the manner in which you just addressed me.
1. TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS RUDE AND IS LIKE SCREAMING ON-LINE
2. The first message that I sent you is at the very bottom of this thread, if you scroll to the bottom it'll be easy to read and interpret.
3. Sometimes humans make mistakes that is part of our nature (read your own e-mail for further proof)
4. I saw that you added your phone number but you don't seem like a person that I'd like to talk to. You seem like a person that'd upset me
5. Condescending your "customers" does not seem to be a positive way to keep them. Probably doing something along the lines of kindness would be your best bet.
6. I did read your ad, but my logic took over. I figured that since I caught my error within a short time that chances were that you hadn't sprinted to the post office to ship it off and the error could be easily fixed. I guess the postmark will tell the ultimate truth, huh?
7. You're right. Your kindness knows no boundaries. How kind of you to charge a sellers fee. Can I do something like that and make a buyers fee? Seems reasonable to me. Oh and the shipping too. Why not charge enough to make me want to stick with these magical pants of yours rather than go through the hassle of sending it back with money in your pocket? Solid logic.
8. I would rather donate these pants to the first homeless person that I come across than send them back to you.
9. Google the word "etiquette" I think you'll find it helpful in your future business endeavors.
10. Don't expect positive feedback from me as I have contacted the seller "Pammycakes" and this is what I've gotten. Rude, grammatically disturbing, horrible communication and attitude do not warrant positivity. (But I have a feeling you already knew this)
11. Enjoy the $28 I'm sure that you need it more than I do, diva (see that's condescending, huh?)





(Oh, logic.  You are my best friend.  You are always there for me when I need you the most.  You show people less fortunate the error of their ways and thoughts)





Dear kkerney2,

funny how i was sitting here hoping you would be kind ....and believe it or not i was truly considering refunding you fully....obviously you took my words as attitude ...but nevertheless...your pants are on the way ..and thank goodness you have been communicating with me online that way ebay and paypal will truly be able to see ...you were not sure what size u needed ....i shall respod to your feedback now but i will do so TRUTHFULLY !!!!


- pammycakesworld





(Surprise!!  She gave Katie negative feedback and in eBay-world that is like giving someone AIDS.)


She next follows up with about 5 e-mails just kind of baiting and insulting Katie.  It was silly and not worth printing because of her lack of grammatical skills.  Katie took back over and asked her repeatedly to stop harassing her and wanted no further contact.  At 1:15 in the morning, Pammycakes just couldn’t stand it and had to send one more.





Dear kkerney2,

goodnight angel footsie wootsie


- pammycakesworld





(Angel??  Footsie Wootsie??  WTF does that mean?)





And I take back over one last time. 





Dear pammycakesworld,

Dearest Pammycake,
I'm not sure what your comprehension level is or what your ability to look at a clock is, but every time that you troll about and message me it sends an alert to my phone. It's 1:15 a.m. Here is what I'm imagining right now, you are probably a beautiful person in appearance, you probably get guys flirting with you every day, but on the inside you are a bottomless pit of sadness and eating disorders. Your heart is probably a cold dead place where no real human emotion resides besides snarkiness and narcissism. You are probably alone right now, sad that the new guy that you picked up from the bar has already left b/c he simply couldn't stand to hear you speak about divas and all of your other pretentious ranting. Now that you are alone with your thoughts, nothing is left for you. You can get on the internet and troll around or you can pour yourself another vodka & tears tonic and drink your lonely, sad existence away. Unfortunately for me, you chose to troll. I've read some of your other negative feedback comments and you really lack any creativity. You spout about everyone scamming you, you make fun of a person's size, you use "diva", and now some weird sexual reference to me of "footsie wootsie". Does all of this come from your father not loving you? Were you never pretty enough for mommy? Do all of these imagined scams stem from you feeling cheated by your parents "scamming" you out of a healthy childhood? I think any good psychiatrist would read all of this and make some of these suggestions. You have a problem with rejection, with being told no, you cannot take simple instructions, and you want everyone to feel very sorry for you. I hope you can find help and get over yourself. You are supposed to be a human being, not whatever it is you're doing now. So here are my instructions for you. Go to sleep, stop e-mailing me, no more contact, enjoy the money, and call your parents in the morning, hash out your issues. Ok, bye bye. No more contact


- kkerney2




Needless to say, that kind of stopped Pammycakes from any further contact.  Hopefully, she called her parents the next morning as I suggested and settled all of her issues

As always if you like what I do or even if you don't and want to tell me how much I suck, you can go to my page by clicking this link and click "like".  Also don't forget to look around at the lovely sponsors on the page, I promise they won't treat you like Pammycakes.

1 comment:

  1. As an update: Katie won her dispute with Pammycakes and eBay gave her a full refund. Oddly enough Pammycakes was nowhere to be found when we tried to look her up again.

    ReplyDelete