Thursday, September 13, 2012

Why Romney is Not the Answer: Part 2 - RomneyBot No Like Gay Marriage

Many people are still on the fence about the upcoming election. Luckily for you, I am here. I want to guide you into making the right decision for you and your beliefs. I certainly won't tell you who to vote for. I simply want to get the facts out to my readers and the most efficient way to do it is to focus on one candidate at a time and as of right now, Mittens Romney is the target...err, I mean subject. In my previous post, (which you can find here) I explained Romney's position on medical marijuana. However, through careful research I actually learned more than just his position on keeping marijuana illegal but his support for dangerous synthetic marijuana known as "Spice" and his support and financial interest in addictive painkillers. But now it's time to move forward and learn more about our friend, Mittens. Let's see how he feels about homosexuals and their rights. Come on, it'll be fun!!

 

Unless you've been living in solitary confinement for the past couple of years, you know that the issue of gay marriage is a huge hot button topic for politicians to play with. Mittens is certainly no stranger to the notion of "playing" with the topic. Romney not only has played with the topic of gay rights but he has literally played the gay community. In 1994 when a young Romney was running for the Senate seat in Massachusetts, he seemed to be a Republican champion of gay rights. (I know it's a complete definition of oxymoron, right?) He wrote a letter to the Log Cabin Republicans outlining how important he believed gay rights to be and for proof here are some excerpts or for the full text click here :







  • As a result of our discussions and other interactions with gay and lesbian voters across the state, I am more convinced than ever that as we seek to establish full equality for America's gay and lesbian citizens

  • If we are to achieve the goals we share, we must make equality for gays and lesbians a mainstream concern.

  • I think the gay community needs more support from the Republican Party and I would be a voice in the Republican Party to foster anti-discrimination efforts






See?  It's pink.  How clever of Mittens.
Believe it or not, these are real things that Romney said. Allow me to blow your mind a little more. During the 2002 Pride Week gathering in Massachusetts, Romney's crew of propaganda spreaders passed out flyers in support of the gay community. Mittens played it to the gay community that he was truly for them and their rights to life, liberty, and a fabulous time.  Now keep in mind, never in this time did he come out and say he was for or against gay marriage...exactly.  He eluded to his oppositon of it a lot and was even okay with the whole civil ceremony thing and domestic partnership.

Now I've told you all this and I left it at that you would probably think, "Mittens seems to be okay with the gay community.  What's you deal, Sleepy?  Why are you picking on poor Mittens?"  Well, because this position of good times and "full equality" didn't last.  Surprise!!!  A politician didn't keep his word!! 

In a 2008 interview with Chris Matthews on his show "Hardball",  Romney was asked where he stood on gay marriage and civil unions, an answer we all probably already knew but it was fun to ask.  Romney's response was a little more than what was expected, "Well, I would rather have neither, to tell you the truth. I'd rather that domestic partner benefits, such as hospital - hospital visitation rights for same-sex couples. I don't want civil unions or gay marriage.  But there is a difference, even when just the word is the difference. And the difference is that, if you indicate as a society that you're indifferent between a same-sex couple marrying and a heterosexual couple marrying, then it means our schools and other institutions are going to have to indicate that there is no difference whatsoever, and that obviously has societal consequences that are important."  Wow!!!  So now Romney is not only afraid of gays marrying, he's also afraid of them having a civil union.  He's terrified that kids in school will be to dumb to understand and the underpaid teachers will not be able to articulate the difference between gay marriage and hetero-marriage.  Oh dear God on planet Kolob, what will we do?!?!? 

So obviously there was a shift in Romney's ideology or he was full of shit to begin with.  How can one going from a champion of gay rights to a regular run of the mill, narrow-minded homophobe?  Well, it's one of two things in my opinion.  Number one, he never believed in gay rights to begin with and was only pandering to the homosexual community in Massachusetts.  Or number two, he found out from the Supreme Overlords of the GOP that gay rights will not be tolerated if he wants to be president. I think it's probably a healthy dose of both.  He has made sure to keep very consistent with his stance on gay marriage over the past few years...almost as if he is memorizing words from a script.  "Marriage is between a man and a woman...I do not support gay marriage"  He says these things in such a monotone, almost robotic manner it makes me question his humanity.  If you listen or watch closely when Romney is introduced to a hot topic like gay marriage or marijuana laws, you can see him almost shift into Romney-bot mode.  He is lost for his own words and reverts back to the GOP script handed to him by one of Dick Cheney's satanic minions.  Here is a great example: 
 
                                                                                           
I'll let you catch your breath from the uncomfortable laughter that probably just spewed from your soul.  Once Romney figured out the hard-grizzled veteran was a man-loving homosexual, he switched to Romney-bot mode.  He restated his weak stance, smiled and walked away as quickly as possible.  If you watched the video from the first Romney blog when he talked to the medical marijuana patient, you'll notice that he did the same exact thing.

It is clear that when it comes to any social issues that Romney does not have any clear personal opinions, he is strictly towing the GOP party line. 

Ok, so I've presented a couple of examples and you're probably thinking, "So is that it?"  Nope I wanted to share a quote from his failed 2008 Presidential bid too and see if you, dear reader, could take away what I did from it.  "My view on marriage has been entirely consistent over my political career. And that is that I oppose same-sex marriage. I also oppose civil unions . . . ever since [same-sex marriage] became a prominent feature in my state, with the decision of the Supreme Judicial Court, I have taken every action that I could conceive of within the bounds of the law to defend traditional marriage and to stop same-sex marriage . . . I've been to Washington to testify in favor of traditional marriage. I've written a letter to every U.S. senator on the topic . . . I believe that traditional marriage is right for the nurturing and development of children" 

To me it is always curious when I see such strong language used when opposing gay marriage.  In his mini-tirade, Mittens states that he took every action that he could concieve to stop gay marriage.  Now why is this?  Well, I always like to fantasize that people who talk like that are hiding something.  Is there some illicit past rendezous in Mitten's past that he is ashamed of?  Is he scared that perhaps if gay marriage is enacted that he will be enticed to leave Mrs. Romney and marry Marcus Bachmann?  Or as Joe Rogan has stated on his podcast before when talking about people like Romney or Santorum, that "maybe they are terrified that dicks are delicous"?  I'm not sure but I would never fight an issue that had nothing to do with me.

I could understand if politicians were trying to ban free speech.  If there was no free speech I certainly couldn't be doing what I'm doing here.  I would be arrested and thrown into Guantanamo Bay.  I would fight that tooth and nail.  Or if a law was trying to get passed that had some deep-seeded issue that could really effect my soul like...well, I don't know because I'm pretty open about everything.  That's why it is so curious to me why these politicians fight issues that in no way can personally effect or harm them or any of their followers.  I'm kind of in line with Rogan on this one, perhaps they are scared that if homosexuality becomes too widely accepted that they will be enticed into succumbing to their desires and go down on the first man that they see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment